According to the nature of the liquid to be transported, it can be divided into:
(1) Water pumps (B type, D type, sh type) are used to transport clean water and clean liquids with physical and chemical properties similar to water.
(2) Corrosion resistant pump (F type) is used to transport corrosive liquids such as acids and alkalis.
(3) Oil pump (Y type) is used to transport petroleum products.
(1) Determine the type according to the nature and operating conditions of the liquid being transported;
(2) Determine the pump model (selected from the sample or product catalog) according to the flow rate (generally determined by the production task) and calculating the required pressure head in the pipeline;
(3) If the viscosity and density of the liquid to be transported are quite different from that of water, the characteristic parameters of the pump should be calculated: flow rate, pressure head and shaft power.
When choosing a centrifugal pump, there may be several types of pumps that meet the requirement of operating in the optimal range at the same time. At this time, the working points of each pump can be determined separately, and the efficiency at the working points can be compared, and the preferred one can be selected.
The centrifugal pump is characterized by large liquid delivery capacity and uniform flow, but the pressure head produced is not high, and the pressure head changes with the change of flow.